Senior Project Manager
Updated: August 2015
We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial disposition seeking a growth opportunity to a director level position by assisting us in building our business. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of commercial and residential projects including supervision of Junior Project Managers. Must have excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills, both written and verbal, advanced knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control, and material pricing. In addition, the Senior Project Manager fosters a team environment to ensure that effective communication, coordination of activities, and problem solving can occur.
- Prepare and negotiate contracts for construction working with key stakeholders
- Prepare bid documents and negotiate/award subcontracts.
- Create schedules and determine sequencing of work. Develop and implement recovery strategies to maintain schedule.
- Follow and develop systems, processes and procedures to improve the efficiency of the construction process.
- Prepare monthly budget updates by tracking cost to complete, change orders and field directives and maintain open communication to keep management team informed of schedule or budget deviations that could adversely affect the project.
- Review and approve all change orders and field directives in a timely manner.
- Review and approve all vendor and contractor invoicing in a timely manner.
- Manage RFI and submittal logs.
- Coordinate with permitting agencies and contractors to ensure work is completed in accordance with approved plans and specifications and within contracted scope of work and schedule.
- Maintain work in compliance with local, state and federal regulatory requirements, including but not limited to management of Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans, Waters of the U.S. and 404 Permits, floodplain management, native plant salvage, etc.
- Maintain regular builder coordination meetings during phased construction in order to assist builders with shared infrastructure opportunities and constraints.
- Working knowledge of BIM and/or CAD, current building codes, and scheduling experience using MS Project.
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret construction documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedules for constructability and conflict reviews.
- Strong working knowledge of the local construction industry and contractors
- Expertise in bidding construction work for private and public projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment. Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Strong negotiation, dispute resolution, and business skills
- Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills and ability to adapt to changing needs.
- Excellent communication and partnering skills in order to work effectively with contractors, consultants, internal staff and regulatory agencies.
- Proficiency with computer applications and ability to adapt to company applications.
- Highly customer-service oriented.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in construction industry and 5 years project management.
- Minimum 4-year undergraduate degree in Construction and/or Architecture. Masters’ Degree in Construction, Architecture, or Business preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Successful candidates are fluent in English. Spanish speaking skills a plus.